Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 20th, 2010

It was Sunday afternoon and I decided it was warm enough to let Macarti play outside. So I bundled her up in her jacket, shoes, hat and a wild rag around her neck. Off she went to play. I tell her to stay on the deck or at least to stay in the back yard. She really likes to play in the field behind us.

At one point she was playing in the little skiff of snow that was left on the deck with a stick and told me she was cooking. Mom to the rescue found her an older metal spoon that I don’t use and gave it to her to play with. I proceed with my house work for a little bit longer and look out to check her. She is scooping the snow with her spoon and taking it over to the BBQ and making snow patties. So deep in her own thoughts and imaginings, didn’t even notice me watching her and taking pictures with me phone. (and yes I got a new camera so the pictures will be better from now on!) At one point I looked out and noticed a momma robin hopping on the lawn. I showed her to Macarti and she seemed a little interested. Back in the house and I am washing dishes. I hear a noise and run to the sliding doors to check on Macarti Rae. Come to find it was Macarti, she was roaring at the birds in the trees. I love to just watch her and wonder what she is thinking. After that she crawled through the fence and played in the mud, got her shoes muddy and came in the house wanting new shoes. “Get outside with those shoes on!” I said. I ran into her room, grabbed her red mud boots Mimi got her last year, and put them on her. She loves them by the way! She headed back out to play in the mud. She is such a hoot! Truly so blessed to have her in my life! WOW!

That evening while I was in my bed and Macarti in her own, we talked for about 5 or more minutes about Jesus and why he loves us and why he wants us. It was amazing to hear a 2 year old ask questions like that. Out of the mouths of babes and faith like a child! “But why Jesus loves me momma?” she’d say. “Because God made us” I said. “Why?” “So that we can tell the world about Jesus and his love so we can all live forever with God.” “Jesus in my heart and mommy’s heart and Mimi’s heart and papa’s heart and Paul’s heart and baby Billy and Aunt Sami and Uncle Ben and Bailey and Birch and Uncle Brian and Aunt Jodi’s heart. I love that she is asking questions and just to hear her little voice asking about Jesus and God just makes me so proud of her! I am so thankful to see God working in such a small child!

Praise God for little children who question everything! ha-ha!!

God bless you ALL!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

To hear the babies talk about Jesus in their hearts...........nothing else matters.

mimi

Sami Jo said...

Awesome!
love that... baby Billy Ha! so darn cute! xoxo,sj